Thursday, June 3, 2010

Grilled Chicken Salad - by Mama Katie

Food Memories: Not many yet. This is a new dish that I first made in the summer of 09. I just started putting things together that sounded good to me. I am sure you could change it up with other ingredients. I think the grilled chicken (Papa Leo's special) makes a big difference in the taste.

The measurements below are just a guesstimate. I usually don't measure anything.

Ingredients:

2 very large chicken breast (seasoned with Tony's Creole Seas. & grilled prev. - adds a hint of spice to the chicken)
2 Fuji or any sweet apples chopped with peelings on
Grapes (small sweet)
Dried Cranberries
Walnuts (chopped chunky)

Dressing is just mayonaise or miracle whip (light coating). Just until it kind of sticks together. Add grapes, cranberries & walnuts to taste.

When Leo grills, he usually grills extra and we freeze it and take it out as we want.

Posted by Mama Katie

0 comments: