Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dirty Rice - Mamma Katie

Food Memories: This is just something that I tried on my own and I would vary the ingredients from time to time.

Ingredients:

1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 lb. ground meat or ground turkey (sometimes I would chop up a smoked turkey leg or two)
1 can creme of mushroom soup
green onions chopped to taste
onion seas.
garlic seas.
salt & pepper

Cook rice and set aside. Brown ground meat. Add to ground meat the onions and seasonings to desired taste. Put lid on and let onions tender over low fire. If excess grease cooks out of meat, take some off. After onions tender, add soup and cooked rice. Simmer for just a few minutes. Ready to eat. If after adding soup and rice it seems to dry, then you can add a little water.

2 comments:

Indigo Children said...

I love dirty rice. I wish I had some today :(

Mulberry Hill said...

Im glad you posted this. I have been thinking of it lately