Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti - by Momma Katie

Memories: I got this recipe from Donna Riley. I served it several times on Saturday or Sunday to the men that were helping to build our home in BC. I always loved it because it is sooo cheesy.

Cook chicken, de-bone and tear into pieces. Save broth and boil down to 2 cups. You will be adding the ingredients below to this broth. Also, cook spaghetti, drain and set aside.

Mix ingredients below into the 2 cups of broth that you saved and then add chicken pieces to the mixture:

1 can creme of mushroom soup
chopped onions
chopped green bell peppers (might be fun to try yellow or orange)
pimentos
chopped celery
3/4 of large jar of cheese whiz

Put spaghetti in 9x11 pan and put ingredients on top. Add remaining cheese whiz to the top.
Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

This is an easy dish to take on the go and reheats very well. You could actually refrigerate it and bake it later.

3 comments:

Indigo Children said...

I have not had this in a long time; I love your chicken spaghetti.

I will have to try this soon. Do you know of any alternatives for cream of mushroom soup? Can you make your own?

The Campbell's stuff has MSG, and Dude always complains that it is too salty.

katiebeegd said...

Don't know for sure, but if you try something else add it to the recipe. I guess I had to always keep it as simple and quick as possible.

I did not know that it had MSG, but it definitely pretty salty. I use to love salty, but not so anymore. I wonder if they have some healthier versions of this now with less salt. Obviously, I haven't cooked this in a while.

Any healthy new versions would be appreciated.
Love you, Momma Katie

Bobbie said...

i love this recipe! i wish jovan would not be afraid of cheese wiz :) maybe i could try other cheese.

for the cream of mushroom, i bought some for the enchiladas. found a campbells "healthy request" or something. it was low sodium, and i do not see MSG, but maybe it's there?