Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bonnie Hart's Sugar Cookie Recipe - by Steph

These are the ones I usually make for holidays and ice for gifts.
These are memories for my kids. We made these for Valentines, Easter, and for cookies on a stick gifts for favorite babysitters. The kids cut out, iced and ate. I have to make them today for a fall get together for the primary kids Saturday. That is why I am typing it now.


1C Butter
1C Sugar
1t soda mixed with 2T milk
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/8 t salt
1t vanilla
4C flour
2 eggs beaten

Directions,
first mix butter sugar eggs
then mix baking soda and milk together add along with all other wet ingredients
finally mix in flour

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then roll out and cut out

bake at 350 degrees for 12-20 minutes depending on thickness. Experiment with different thickness to make soft or crunchier.

posted by Steph

2 comments:

Indigo Children said...

Are these the ones from the kids table at your wedding?

This will be a tradition your kids will pass on -- I can remember y'all making these at your place in Texas. I think I even received a few as gifts :)

Are there special instructions for the icing?

Mulberry Hill said...

They are not the ones from the wedding. I got the recipe from my friend Bonnie in Highland Village. The one with the daughter who kept saying "I'm Princess Wendy." at the birthday party.

Any way we have made them alot.

Icing I usually make but not the same way twice. I have to make some in the next couple of days if the icing turns out ok I'll post the recipe